Saturday 21 July 2018

Love Qoutes: Cherish, Recognize Your Spouse's Value

Relationship Quotes - The primary attitude that will help your spouse feel emotionally safe is when he believes that you understand how incredibly valuable he is.  That is the essence of honor.


Honor is a decision to view our spouse as a priceless treasure – a person of high worth and value.

This is what King Solomon encouraged as well: "A man's greatest treasure is his wife" (Proverbs 18:22).

Honor isn't based on behavior or subject to emotion. You grant your spouse value whether they want it or deserve it.

Honor is a decision you make and a gift you give.
This is exactly what the apostle Paul encouraged the early Christians to do
when he wrote, "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give
preference to one another in honor" (Romans 12:10).

God has made it resplendently clear that my wife is valuable.

Look at some of the verses that show how much our heavenly Father values and cherishes us:

"For you were made in my
image." (Genesis 1:27)

"I chose you when I planned
creation." (Ephesians 1:11)

"You are fearfully and wonderfully
made." (Psalm 139:14)

"For you are my treasured
possession." (Exodus 19:5)

It's amazing to think that the God of this universe considers my wife His treasured possession.

That's powerful!

However, when Erin and I are in the midst of an argument and my heart closes, the first thing to go is my
awareness of her incredible value.

FOLLOW US ⤵⤵⤵

Join Our Telegram Group CLICK HERE <<<

Join Our Facebook Group CLICK HERE <<<

Join Us On WhatsApp Group CLICK HERE <<<

Follow Us On Twitter CLICK HERE <<<

Join Our Telegram Channel CLICK HERE <<<

And in those moments, when I fail to see her as my heavenly Father sees His daughter, I'm not safe.

When I lose sight of her value, when I'm not cherishing her, I'm more apt to react and treat her in dishonoring ways.

Then Erin has every right to put up a
wall and protect herself.

I watched the power of recognizing my wife's value this past Thanksgiving while at my parents' home in
Branson, Mo.
One of the things that I appreciate most about my parents is the honesty of their marriage.

They've never claimed to have a "perfect" marriage and aren't afraid to disagree.

At one point, my parents got into a huge argument. They were so frustrated that they each ran off to a
different part of the house.
I let the situation calm down for a few minutes before I knocked on my father's office door. "Come in," he reluctantly replied.

As I walked into his office, I found my dad sitting behind his computer reading a document titled "Why
Norma Is So Valuable."
(My mom's name is Norma, just in case you were wondering.)
"What are you reading?" I asked. "Well," my dad began, "a number of years ago I started a list of why your
mom is so valuable.

So when I'm upset with her, or when we've had a fight, ..... Continue Reading ⬅️

No comments:

Post a Comment