Wednesday 2 January 2019

Lost In Lust - Episode 30

I knew Joyce always tried to be cheeky and I thought she was at it again.
„I‟m in the house. Where‟re you? Remember I said come around by six-thirty. Your gift is waiting.‟
„Come around for what? What gift are you talking about?‟

I was surprised. She must be pulling my legs. „Look, Naomi is around and we may soon go out to eat. Where are you so that I‟ll know whether to wait for you or not?‟
„Wait for me? For what? As for where I am, I‟m at our house in Ibeshe, now.‟
I was surprised. „Don‟t you want the gift again?‟
„What gift?‟

„The gift I told you a couple of days ago I would get for you.‟
„Me? But we‟ve not seen each other for weeks now.‟
„Oh, Joyce, stop this joke.‟
„Ola, honestly, I don‟t understand what you‟re saying.‟


„Are you saying you were not here some days ago? In my house here at Isawo?‟
„No. I‟ve been in this house at Ibeshe to enjoy our two week break and I hardly went out.‟
I shook my head. There must be a mistake somewhere. „Alright, I‟ll call you back.‟
I discontinued the call.

„What was that?‟ Naomi asked, studying my countenance.
„I can‟t believe this,‟ I said. „Joyce was here days ago. She actually helped me to do something worthwhile and I promised to buy her a gift. She was supposed to collect the gift today, but she‟s claiming she didn‟t know what I was talking about.‟
Naomi smiled. „Maybe she wasn‟t the one you saw,‟ she said.

„Oh come on, what are you saying? What do you mean she wasn‟t the one I saw? Will I not recognize Joyce again?‟
She shrugged. „Where‟s the gift you wanted to give her?‟
I brought the phone pack out from my bag.

She examined it. „It‟s a good phone. If I may ask, what did Joyce help you to do?‟
I closed my eyes. How would I answer this question? Must I answer it?
„Well, you don‟t need to answer it, even if she helped you to discover something very important.‟

I opened my mouth. How come Naomi was so close to the answer?
She smiled. „Now, let‟s go and eat out, shall we?‟
I could not believe my ears. What kind of mystery was this? Anyway, Joyce must be playing a prank on me. When I saw her face to face, I would demand to know why she was playing such prank.

Then, this Naomi behaved sometimes like somebody who knew more than ordinary. No matter what, I had made up my mind to marry her. Later that night, we agreed on the specific dates for our traditional engagement, church wedding and the signing at the Registry. Everything would be concluded in a matter of two months.

Weeks after I spoke with B.M when she urged me to resume work the following week Monday, I had not heard from her. Of course I had changed my numbers, hoping to go back to using those numbers after a long while. Joyce insisted that she never came to my house and I never promised her any gift. She swore she was yet to know my house. I remained perplexed.

FOLLOW US ⤵⤵⤵

Join Our Telegram Group CLICK HERE <<<

Join Our Facebook Group CLICK HERE <<<

Join Us On WhatsApp Group CLICK HERE <<<

Follow Us On Twitter CLICK HERE <<<

Join Our Telegram Channel CLICK HERE <<<


My uncle, his wife, Leke my good friend and Joyce were in Warri for the traditional engagement. It was a happy moment for us all. I fulfilled all traditional roles I should fulfill. Back in Lagos, we prepared for the church wedding. It held at the church she attended at Randle Avenue, Surulere, Lagos.

I was very happy and proud of my pretty and petite wife. The pregnancy was stylishly covered by the white wedding gown. We received many wedding gifts from friends and well-wishers. Many of her colleagues and friends from national oil company came with assorted gifts.

RECOMMENDED:Download Our Android App

My greatest wedding gift came two days after the wedding. I had been shortlisted and was invited for interview at the Department of Petroleum Minerals (DPM), a subsidiary of National Oil Company. Two weeks after the interview, I was asked to report at their office at Falomo, Ikoyi, Lagos.

I examined the letter of employment and handed it to my wife. She read it for the umpteenth time.
„You‟ve brought me good luck, darling,‟ I told her.
Naomi smiled. „Well, we thank God for everything.‟
I caressed her growing tummy. „I‟m sure that baby will even bring more good luck.‟

SEE ALSOCLICK HERE TO READ MORE HOT STORIES

„Amen,‟ she said.
I made her to seat on my lap.
„Daddy, is the weight not too much for you?‟ Ella asked.
„No,‟ I replied. „In fact, you too should come over here.‟ I pointed at my right lap. „Ella, you come and sit here.‟
Ella did as I told her, smiling. I held her waist and my wife‟s own.

„You can see that I‟m capable of carrying you all.‟
Naomi smiled, Ella giggled, while I nodded to myself.

                                                                   The End
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 1 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 2 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 3 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 4 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 5 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 6 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 7 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 8 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 9 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 10 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 11 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 12 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 13 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 14 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 15 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 16 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 17 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 18 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 19 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 20 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 21 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 22 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 23 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 24 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 25 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 26 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 27 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 28 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 29 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 30 (CLICK HERE TO READ)

No comments:

Post a Comment