Thursday 27 December 2018

Lost In Lust - Episode Four

She put on her glasses and carefully went through the papers. She seemed to be studying them. I studied her in return. The glasses, perched on the tip of her nose, fitted her well.

Her white shirt was new and crisp. I thought I would see the wedding ring on her finger, but it was not there. Maybe she forgot to wear it. Her hair was stylishly parked to the back. Her make up was moderate; same with the ear rings. She looked delectable.

„Okay, Ola,‟ she finally said. „I‟ll talk to my boss and see what can be done on this. I‟m not really promising, but let‟s be positive about it.‟
„Thank you, ma‟am.‟
She looked at me critically and smiled.

RECOMMENDED:Download Our Android App

„That means you‟ll have to be giving me call from time to time to find out how far.‟
I smiled too. „That will be no problem, ma‟am.‟
„If I may ask, how much do you earn now?‟
I told her.
„Hmn, that‟s not so much,‟ she said.

I nodded.
She stood up. „Give me one minute.‟
I was left alone in the office. It was a very comfortable office. Surely working in an office like this was not a bad idea. But the bakery too was helping me out, I told myself. I thanked God for what I had already.
Five minutes later, Sister Naomi was back.


„Sorry again for keeping you waiting. I guess I‟m going to be very busy today.‟
I got the hint and stood up.
„You must keep on calling me to remind me of this,‟ she said.
„Sure, madam. Thank you.‟
I moved to the door. „Have a nice day, Ola.‟
„And you too ma‟am.‟

I left the office and took the elevator to the ground floor. The warmth of the outside hit me as soon as I left the grand building. Welcome back to the world, I told myself.
The following morning, I left the bakery about eight. I had just completed my night duty and I needed to get home and take a well-deserved sleep and rest. I was about to have some sleep when Audu came to tell me that I had a visitor.

„Who?‟ I asked him.
„He say him name be David.‟
„David?‟ I didn‟t have any friend that bore the name. „Alright.‟ I followed him to the gate to see who the visitor was. A man I had never seen before was there. He had come in a car that had the sticker of national oil company.
„Good morning,‟ I greeted him.
„Good morning. Are you Ola?‟

„Yes, please.‟
„My oga said I should give you this.‟ He handed a letter to me.
„Sorry, who is your oga?‟
„Mrs. Naomi.‟
I nodded. „Thank you.‟

The man returned to the car and drove off. He was probably a driver, I thought. I examined the letter and returned to my room. The handwritten, cursive name and address couldn‟t be an official letter; not the kind of letter, national oil company would issue. This must be sister Naomi‟s handwriting. What could be her message?

I got to my room and sat on the plastic chair beside a small desk, where I sometimes did my reading. I opened the envelope and brought out a small letter. It read:
Hello, Ola. Happy weekend.
From Naomi.

I checked the back of the letter as if there would be more messages there. None. I couldn‟t believe this. Would sister Naomi want to wish me a happy weekend and she would send a driver to convey the message? She had my number. Why didn‟t she simply call?

And then, she was wishing my happy weekend. Why would she do that? I thought over it for some minutes. This sister was showing interest in me. But she should be married. I knew she should be in her mid or late thirties, what friendship could possibly be between us? I was just twenty-eight.

She must have seen that on the c.v I submitted. That was where she got my residence address in the first place. Why would she send a message like this? Why would she go through the trouble?
I got up from the chair and lay on my bed, thinking. After some minutes, I decided I should call her and thank her for the note she sent. I would also wish her happy weekend. I dialed her number. She picked it at the fourth ring.

„Good morning, madam.‟
„Good morning. This is Ella.‟
I was surprised. I quickly checked the number I called. It was the number I had stored as „Sister Naomi.‟

„Er, can I be on to Mrs. Naomi? I‟m Ola.‟
I heard something that sounded like a chuckle. „She‟s taking her bath. You can call back in ten minutes.‟

SEE ALSOCLICK HERE TO READ MORE HOT STORIES

I heaved a sigh. „Alright. Thank you.‟
The voice I had heard was most likely a big girl‟s own. She was probably a niece or so living with her. I waited for twelve minutes to elapse. Then, I called her number again.
„She still hasn‟t come out.‟ The girl I had spoken to said.
„Please, as soon as you see her, tell her Ola called.‟

„Alright.‟
„Sorry, what‟s your name again?‟
„Ella,‟ she said. „I‟m her daughter.‟

What? I had not seen Ella physically, but I had no doubt that she must be a grown up girl. That meant Sister Naomi had a grown up girl! So, why did she send that note to me? What did she want?
I waited for another thirty minutes before I called her again. This time around, she picked it.
„Is that you, madam?‟ I asked.
„Yes. Good morning, Ola.‟

READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 1 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 2 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 3 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 4 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 5 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 6 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 7 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 8 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 9 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 10 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 11 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 12 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 13 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 14 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 15 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 16 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 17 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 18 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 19 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 20 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 21 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 22 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 23 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 24 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 25 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 26 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 27 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 28 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 29 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 30 (CLICK HERE TO READ)

No comments:

Post a Comment