Thursday 27 December 2018

Lost In Lust - Episode Five

„Good morning, ma‟am. I saw your note and called to say thank you. Happy weekend too, ma‟am.‟
„Thank you.‟
„I really appreciate, ma‟am, although I wondered why you should go through all the trouble. Thank you, madam.‟
„Thank you too. Bye for now.‟ She disconnected the line.

I sighed to myself and did some wondering. Maybe she was having marital challenges and she wanted to ease the tension, my mind told me. Another mind said she might be a divorcee. Well, whichever she was, why pick interest in a young man like me? With her beautiful face and good figure, surely many men would desire her!

I adjusted my pillow. Maybe I should just get some sleep and forget about sister Naomi. I closed my eyes. My phone beeped. A message had come in. It was on my WhatsApp and it was from Sister Naomi.
„Why is it that our society stigmatizes single mothers?‟ she wrote.

My mind was busy. Could she be a single mother?
„It is because our society is ultra conservative,‟ I wrote back.
„What‟s your feeling towards single mothers?‟ she asked.
„I do not have any ill feelings towards them,‟ I replied. „If I may ask, are you a single mother, ma‟am?‟

Her reply: „Yes. I have an eleven year old daughter. You spoke with her the other time.‟
Wow! I paused for several seconds before I wrote my response. „I‟m twenty eight years old, ma‟am. If I may ask, how old are you?‟
„I‟m about to clock thirty-three,‟ she wrote.

I wasn‟t surprised. I had all along suspected that she couldn‟t be less than thirty-five.
„It‟s a pleasure meeting you, ma‟am,‟ I wrote.
„Drop the “ma‟am”. Call me Naomi.‟
I smiled at myself. Ola, be careful.
„Okay, Naomi,‟ I replied.

„I caught you staring at me in my office yesterday,‟ she wrote.
My heart beat increased. Oh God, so she saw me while I was staring at her!
„I‟m sorry about that,‟ I wrote.
„It‟s alright.‟

„Thank you for your understanding.‟
There was no further reply from her again. This woman was teasing me, I thought. How would I handle this? A single mother. A successful career woman. A woman close to thirty-three. That meant there was about five years age difference between us. Five years!


But then, she was very pretty. She had a very nice figure, and if she hadn‟t told me, I wouldn't believe she had a eleven years old daughter.
I was still thinking about her when I slept off. When I woke up, I felt refreshed. Joyce was back in the house for the weekend. She soon came to my room.

„I was here earlier but did not want to disturb your sleep,‟ she said.
I smiled at her. „Joyce, how was school? How was exam, so far?‟
„Fine.‟
Thankfully, Steve was in the room, so all we could have was normal conversation. Later, towards evening, Naomi sent another messenger to me.

„Can you date an older partner?‟ she asked.
To me, it was a million dollar question. Before I answered her, I searched my heart and asked myself the question. The fact was I had asked myself that kind of question before.
My answer then was yes. It would not be because of the money I could make from it. It would not be because of any lucre. It would be because of true and genuine feelings. That was my belief.

„Yes, I can,‟ I wrote.
„Will it be because she‟s comfortable and can offer you something in return?‟
„No. It will be because I really have genuine feelings for her and want her.‟
„Want her for what?‟
„If she‟s honest, frank and genuinely gives me affection, I will do the same in good measure.‟

RECOMMENDED:Download Our Android App

„What about her age? What about the age difference?‟
„If the feelings are genuine, the age does not matter.‟
She did not respond again.

I would be having some days off from my place of work, so I could relax for the weekend.
Sunday morning, I was in the church with the rest of the family. I realized my mind was barely on what was going on. The odd thing was I was thinking about Naomi and could not get her pretty face from my mind. Oh Lord!

The only thing I really enjoyed in the church that day was the hymn:
There‟s not a friend like the lonely Jesus,
No, not one
No, not one…
After the service, we went back home. I relaxed on my bed, trying hard not to think about Naomi. About two o‟clock, her WhatsApp messenger came in.

SEE ALSOCLICK HERE TO READ MORE HOT STORIES

„How was the service?‟ she asked.
„Great,‟ I replied. „What about yours?‟
„Wonderful. We sang wonderful story of love.‟
I smiled. „We sang no friend like the lonely Jesus.‟
„So, how are you?‟
„I‟m not sure I‟m fine.‟
„Why?‟
„I‟m kind of confused.‟
„Over what?‟

That was a hard question. My mind was telling me two things. One said I should damn whatever would be the outcome and tell her I had feelings for her. Another one said no, I shouldn't.
„I don‟t know.‟ I wrote.
„That‟s funny. You don‟t know why you‟re confused?‟
„Something like that. Sometimes, what should be a simple expression becomes very complex.‟

„Perhaps, you made it complex.‟
„I think circumstance made it so.‟
„What circumstance?‟
I grinned. „There are many odds. One, she is much older. Two, she earns much more than I do.‟
„Do you really have feelings for her? If yes, go ahead.‟
„She might laugh at me.‟
„Try first.‟
„She might insult me and tell me I should look for my mate.‟
„Perhaps, she will not.‟

I hesitated. My heart was beating fast. What was wrong with me? Why was I becoming carried away? Maybe she was just teasing me. Why didn‟t I just forget about her?
I soon got another message from her.
„Be a man, Ola.‟

READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 1 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 2 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 3 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 4 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 5 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 6 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 7 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 8 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 9 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 10 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 11 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 12 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 13 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 14 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 15 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 16 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 17 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 18 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 19 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 20 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 21 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 22 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 23 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 24 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 25 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 26 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 27 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 28 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 29 (CLICK HERE TO READ)
.
READ >>>> Lost In Lust - Episode 30 (CLICK HERE TO READ)

No comments:

Post a Comment