Thursday 27 December 2018

Lost In Lust - Episode six

I smiled. Indeed, it was not easy to be a man. Alright, I would be a man. And I would damn whatever was the outcome. But I decided I would be subtle about it. I called her number. She picked it after several ring.

„How is Ella?‟ I asked.
„She‟s fine.‟
„My regards to her.‟
„Okay.‟
„Is she as beautiful as you are?‟ I grinned at myself.
„Am I beautiful?‟
„You‟re more than beautiful. You‟re a jewel.‟
„Thank you.‟

I paused slightly. „I wondered why you‟ve not got a man before now. You‟re so beautiful.‟
„Getting a man is not by expediency. It is by choice.‟
I sighed. She was surely picking my brain. „That‟s philosophical,‟ I said.
„Yeah.‟
I sighed again. Maybe I should just end the chats.
„Thanks for your time,‟ I said. „It‟s a pleasure chatting with you.‟
„You‟re welcome.‟

I dropped my cell phone and stared at the small flat screen in the room. A Nigerian movie was shown. I tried to do something else and get Naomi off my mind. When Joyce came in, I tried to chat with her engagingly, but believe me, I could not push the image of Naomi into the oblivion. Later in the evening, I decided to call her and chat her up again.

„I can‟t get you off my mind,‟ I said.
She laughed over the line. „Sorry about that.‟
„Is that all you could say?‟

„I should be the one to ask that question.‟
I cleared my throat. „Were you ever married before?‟
„No.‟
„Where‟s Ella‟s father? What happened between the two of you?‟
I thought I heard her sigh. „It‟s a long story, but if you must know, her father is far away in Canada.‟
„Why‟re you not with him?‟

There was another long pause. „The relationship did not work. I was supposed to join him over there with the baby but the American wife he had did not make the plan fall through.‟
I didn‟t know what else to say. „Sorry about that.‟
„It‟s okay.‟
„You‟ve captured my heart, Naomi,‟ I said. She didn‟t say a thing. „Hello, can you hear me?‟
„Sure.‟
„What can you say to what I‟ve said?‟
„Nothing for now,‟ she said.
„Nothing?‟
„Yes. For now.‟

„Alright. Think over it.‟ I cut the line. Could it be that I misread her intentions? Could I be making a mistake? Well, even if it was a mistake, there was no crime in it.
I went to the study room to read news online. I always loved to read both the local and international news and to be abreast of happenings.

FOLLOW US ⤵⤵⤵

Join Our Telegram Group CLICK HERE <<<

Join Our Facebook Group CLICK HERE <<<

Join Us On WhatsApp Group CLICK HERE <<<

Follow Us On Twitter CLICK HERE <<<

Join Our Telegram Channel CLICK HERE <<<


I got a message alert from my service provider. A recharge of two thousand naira was credited to my sim. It was from Naomi.
Immediately, I put a call across to her. „Why did you send that air time recharge?‟ I asked gently.
„I just felt like doing so.‟
„You didn‟t have to do it,‟ I said.
„Why?‟

„What do you mean, why? I didn‟t say those things I said because I want to be getting things from you.‟
„I didn‟t say that was the reason.‟
„Well, I really appreciate the gesture, but you didn‟t have to bother yourself.‟
„It wasn‟t a bother.‟

RECOMMENDED:Download Our Android App

„Alright, thank you very much, Naomi. Now, what can I send you?‟
„Anything lovely.‟
„Like what?‟
„Oh no, figure it out.‟ She laughed over the line. „Seriously, don‟t worry about sending me something. But if you insist, send me your love.‟
I breathed in deeply. „Good. I‟ll surely do that.‟
„Okay.‟
She cut the line.

SEE ALSOCLICK HERE TO READ MORE HOT STORIES

„Who was that?‟ Joyce asked. I was surprised to find that she was at the doorway and had been observing me.
„Oh, it‟s just a friend,‟ I said.
She shook her head. „No, that look on your face shows that it‟s not just a friend.‟
„Oh, come on, Joyce.‟
„Who is she? It must be a lady.‟
„And how can you tell?‟
„Because I know.‟

I chuckled. „Yes, actually, it‟s a lady I just met.‟
„Hmn, hmn. And you‟re falling all over for her already.‟
I shook my head. „Look, Joyce, let‟s discuss something else.‟
„So this is how you‟ll treat me.‟
„Oh, come on, what are you talking about?‟


No comments:

Post a Comment